Sunday, May 21, 2006

It Was Bound to Happen

“Lauren, I think I left my sunglasses at the checkout.” So I turned back into the parking lot of Wal*Mart. As I approached the entrance I noticed a lady giving away kittens. The one she was holding looked just like a 1 lb Spot. Lauren had to see this kitten. So I went back to the car. “Lauren, you have to see this kitten.” As we walked up to the kitten corral, a young couple was walking off with the little-spot. There were plenty other fur balls to play with. As the cute little things squeaked and nuzzled, we decided that it would be good for Spot to have a friend at home. So, here she is. We don't have a name picked out yet. She is very friendly, but Spot doesn’t know what to do with her. He sits across the room and keeps an eagle’s eye on her. He has approached her a few times, but the encounters keep ending with him hissing in her face. Not the way we raised him to treat his baby sister. She doesn’t seem to mind him though. She is so relaxed that she’s slept for four of the five hours that we’ve had her. It seems it might take awhile for their relationship to blossom.

As for the sunglasses; they were hooked on the belt-loop of my shorts the whole time. Oops.



2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

What a cute little button! I am sure Spot and little Julietta will fall in love. Good name don't you think?
love, Julianne

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I finally had a granddaughter even tho she is furry and has 4 legs!
Grandma D