I hate spiders. More than snakes, more than rats. I do not like spiders wearing hats.
I spent four hours cleaning the garage on Saturday. The garage was still in project mode from the kitchen remake. There was sawdust everywhere and the old countertop was sitting on sawhorses in the middle of the garage. It felt very satisfying to get everything back in order. Everything was going so well until...
I spent four hours cleaning the garage on Saturday. The garage was still in project mode from the kitchen remake. There was sawdust everywhere and the old countertop was sitting on sawhorses in the middle of the garage. It felt very satisfying to get everything back in order. Everything was going so well until...
This little guy hopped off of the golf bag I was wiping down. I noticed the coloring right away and it made my heart beat audible to all of Hoke county. I was pretty sure it was a black widow. (I used to think black widows were the worst spiders of them all; that was before I learned of the brown recluse).
My first instinct was to scream like a little girl (not that all girls would scream at spiders). Once I stopped screaming, I realized that I was 1,000 times bigger and at least twice as smart as this nasty arachnid. I wasn't going to lose this battle.
I "gently" squashed the spider with my shoe, trying to accomplish two goals: 1. KILL IT! 2. Protect the integrity of the body in the case that I might need to show a doctor what bit me. NOTE: It did not bite me, as far as I could tell, but who was going to take a chance.
So I did what any paranoid, knowledge thirsty, internet geek would do: I grabbed my digital camera and then googled 'black widow'.
This is what I came up with...
My first instinct was to scream like a little girl (not that all girls would scream at spiders). Once I stopped screaming, I realized that I was 1,000 times bigger and at least twice as smart as this nasty arachnid. I wasn't going to lose this battle.
I "gently" squashed the spider with my shoe, trying to accomplish two goals: 1. KILL IT! 2. Protect the integrity of the body in the case that I might need to show a doctor what bit me. NOTE: It did not bite me, as far as I could tell, but who was going to take a chance.
So I did what any paranoid, knowledge thirsty, internet geek would do: I grabbed my digital camera and then googled 'black widow'.
This is what I came up with...

3 comments:
It's Tuesday. Kyle went back to work on Monday. Where's the pictures? I bet it was an exhausting day back to work and then you had all that catch up time with Aaron.
Love, Momma Ruth
Found one of these on my leg one time.. I have never freaked out my neighbors more .. lol Nice blog!
oh my goodness!! Number one Aaron is such a cutie. I love checking the blog for the latest pics of him. Number two, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I do not like spiders. Scary!
Post a Comment